Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

An Artist's Creative Space continued

An Artist's Creative Space continued...  Any of you wondering where I've been? I've been doing this...

Posted previously: I love to keep my hands busy and I love to challenge myself.  Throughout my evolution as an artist,  my art has taken many forms using a variety of materials and techniques. The need for a workspace that accommodates all of my creative interests has been a dream of mine for many years.  I'm am excited to share that after many years of working in multiple art forms. I will soon have a studio that is designed so that I have a work area for all of my artistic passions : Jewelry, Lampworking, Glass Fusing, and Pottery... and without having to shuffle materials to work in different media, which wastes time, energy, and creative momentum.

Updates: The studio is well underway.  So far, with the help of my family we have built a new wall, insulated, repaired a beam in the access attic, installed a new ceiling, wired for task lighting, hung drywall, taped & mudded the drywall, and are hoping to install the window & door this weekend, weather permitting.  If this all goes well, I will be able to finish the insulation on the new window wall and complete the final drywall steps. 

 


Getting closer to being able to begin creating again!

More photos soon...