Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

What's New Today?

Hi Everyone!
I hope to be posting about what I'm currently playing with in the studio. 
Stop by from time to time to see what's new!
 
In the Studio...What's New Today?
Tonight, I'm working on Toad Houses creating with freshly picked 'burddock' leaves, Flower Vases embellished with a variety of plant leaves, and Spoon Rests created with freshly  picked maples leaves from a tree in my back yard...showing off for spring! 

I Work in a Variety of Art Forms
I need to keep my hands busy and do not like to ever feel as though I am bored...
So...I love to play with many different materials and experiment with new techniques. Currently, my favorite materials to work with are clay, glass, and metal.
Many of my creations are available at  http://www.intheshadeofthesycamoretree.com.
Visit and click on 'SHOP' to view my online shop on ETSY.
 
 
Handmade Pottery Creations:
I love creating hand-sculpted pottery that is functional and fun!   I create whimsical instruments such as flutes, ocarinas, and turtle rattles with clay.  I  also enjoy using stoneware and earthenware clay to create sculptural animals that also have a purpose - bowls, containers, dishes, and banks. So far, my creature creations include elephants, giraffes, chameleons, pigs, birds, fish, armadillos, tapirs, turtles, dragons, woodland imps, sea serpents, and lizards.
 
 
Handmade Jewelry and Glass Beads for Jewelry Making:
I enjoy the magic of the flame and how with patience and the careful coordination and 'dance' of heat, timing, and glass color choices, a beautiful pendant or bead is formed. 
Kiln casting and fusing of glass also has a magic that attract me. Frit casting and fusing cut glass into intricate pendants, colorful beads, and star ornaments and wedding decorations is also a source of creative pleasure.
 
 
My Inspiration:  
I'm very lucky to be surrounded by so many friends and family that are creative and encouraging. My studio is also surrounded by a wooded area and a beautiful garden that is a constant source of inspiration. I am also an art teacher and marvel at all the creative solutions that my young artists come up with. They also inspire me throughout the school year and help to keep me on my toes, learning new things to teach them and helping to keep me growing as an artist.
 
Visit:
My PINTEREST page at : http://pinterest.com/cyvonneh2/

I'm still new at 'blogging'. Please comment and let me know what you are interested in hearing about.

Have a terrific and creative day!
Cindi